9.29.2011

All Organics

Before having DS in our lives, eating healthy wasn't something I would prioritize at this age. Sure, once in a while I would do it when I feel I need to lose some weight.
For me, eating healthy means:

Now that the picture is much clearer and I'm not getting any younger. It's about time to do something about my health (healthy lifestyle). So that one day when my son is ready to settle down, I can still "walk" him down the aisle and play with my grandchildren. After 30+ years! Haha

Image c/o Bride.net
Four months after giving birth, DH, Edgar and I went to see a naturalist doctor; Dr. Nigel Chen. And boy! It was an awakening for us. After hearing all his words we got scared with these commercial products especially food around us. I can't believe it! After all these years. We've been putting junk in our bodies. No wonder a lot of people get sick at an early age. Since then we look at those products in a different way--scary that is. These companies want to get more money so all they do is short cut!

Ever since DS has been eating solids, we're giving him organic foods. We make his food from scratch. It's a big NO for short cuts! I don't believe in bottled "organic baby food" that sells in the grocery stores. As long as it is processed that means there are added preservatives even if the label says "no preservatives added". Don't believe it and take note of the expiration dates.

My little ones tiny physique :)
Here are the basic things we've learned or should I say reminded by Dr. Nigel:

1.  Sleep early (11pm latest). Sleep at least 7 hours straight.
2.  Drink at least 12 glasses of water daily. 10 glasses are applicable for kids only.
3.  Less sugar. Coco sugar is the best alternative. Brown sugar is better than the white one.
4.  Eat more veggies. Preferably organic ones.
*cleaning tip: 1:10 baking soda or vinegar and water
5.  Less rice. Choose your rice -- organic pink/brown/red or japanese rice
6.  Less meat. If you will eat meat --

  • lamb is the best among all
  • chicken is better than beef (buy free range) 
  • beef is better than pork

7.  No MSG Please!
8.  Take Vitamin C daily.
9.  Exercise! -- Ehem! I should start doing this soon ;P

Remember: HEALTH IS WEALTH. WE ARE WHAT WE EAT.

After doing the program for almost five months, I lost 20 pounds. I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Woot woot!

I know how difficult it is to follow all these healthy eating. But we're only humans, we have a cheat day weekly! LOL

Here are the list where we buy our organic stuff:
Food

  • Legaspi Sunday Market
  • Centris Sunday Market - Isabella Farm
  • S&R Supermarket (free range chicken)
  • Healthy Options
  • Rustan's Supermarket
  • Health Buff in E. Rodriguez QC
  • Sugarleaf in Wilson Street Greenhills
  • DownToEarth in Mercato at Fort

Toiletries & Home Cleaners

  • Healthy Options
  • Legaspi Sunday Market
  • The Eco Baby Boutique
  • Sesou Nature Source Shop in Trinoma

No comments:

Post a Comment