7.14.2011

Yin and Yang

We've just recently tried the newly opened Ganso-Shabuway Restaurant in Greenbelt 5 Mall. This Japanese style shabu-shabu is very simple and has lesser ingredients unlike our traditional Chinese shabu-shabu dish.
The restaurant's concept is mainly the yin and yang. From soup base, they served us seaweed broth and spicy miso base which reminds us of the tom yum. Down to their dipping sauces--a creamy sesame sauce that has a tinge of nutty taste; and a traditional ponzu sauce, which is like a sweeter version of soy sauce and added their freshly chopped condiments--garlic, red and green onions for more flavorful taste. It goes well with our beef and mushroom sets.

Thirsty again after one and a half hours of malling, DH and I decided to try out Toast Box Restaurant. I ordered Iced Chin Chow--soy milk with black grass jelly and Peanut Thick Toast. Yummmy!
My new fave combo!
While DH tried their Iced Lemon Tea. He said it reminds him of Hong Kong's Iced Lemon Tea.
Refreshing!

Totally Addicted!!

We dined in for three consecutive days in Toast Box. LOL
I'm also liking their Iced Barley. This reminds me of "am soup" but better :)
Childhood memories :)
Oh why oh why? This took them thirty minutes to serve :(
Quarter of Hainanese Chicken Rice
Good thing it didn't disappoint me but I have had better... 

No comments:

Post a Comment